Army Installation Management Command Child Youth and School Services Special Needs Program Manager, NF-04 in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at CYS BASE - Wheeler Army Air Field, Hawaii This position is entitled to 10.99% COLA - subject to change without notice.
Learn more about this agency
- Applies knowledge of child/youth development and basic mental health principles to develop, oversee, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the execution of programs and services offered to children/youth medically diagnosed with a special need.
- Applies knowledge of youth development and basic mental health principles to develop, oversee, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the execution of programs and services offered to children/youth non-medically diagnosed experiencing atypical behaviors.
- Develops internal CYS Teams (trainers, School Liaison Officers, managers, parents and Program Assistants) to assist and support children/youth with special needs (to include challenging behaviors) in being successful in CYS Services programs.
- Participates as needed in the development and maintenance of Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP), 504 Plans, Individual Education Plans (IEP) and other behavior management plans for children/youth.
- Serves as advisor and advocate for parents of children/youth with special needs. Maintains liaison with Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) to assist Army families in locating and accessing appropriate services.
- Serves as point of contact for inquiries regarding placement of children with special needs throughout CYS Services.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert/Augmentee on the Multidisciplinary Inclusion Action Team .
- For additional position information see FASCLASS PD#18606- https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9Rh3CCVpmZlIuek6JYgm4%3D
- #### Job family (Series)
1701 General Education And Training
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- A health assessment is required. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment of background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15, to include a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation
- Scheduled hours will vary. MUST be available to work nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Travel to on and off post locations required
- Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors
- Must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis is required for positions in child development centers
A bachelor's degree or higher that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in special education, early childhood education, child/adolescent development, elementary or secondary education, youth development, or other closely related field such as psychology/sociology or social work (must include 24 semester hours in child/adolescent psychology, sociology of the family, developmental psychology, social work with child/family emphasis);
Completion of 24 semester hours in coursework as indicated above, plus additional related coursework or experience that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a 4-year course of study.
Resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the minimum qualifications criteria above.
Education must have been directly related to the position to be filled (general psychology/sociology courses are not qualifying).
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move in not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3434, Certifications
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2:00 p.m. HST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496649400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/12/2018 to 04/19/2018
Salary: $64,825 to $69,825 per year This position is entitled to 10.99% COLA (Island of Oahu) which is subject to change without notice.
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent