Marriott Vacations Worldwide Sales Executive Licensed - Bilingual Japanese/English (Timeshare) in Kapolei, Hawaii
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Contribute to the success of MVCI by effectively using sales techniques to convert prospective owners into purchasers. Work exclusively with Japanese-speaking clients. Develop relationships with prospective owners by following up on referrals and leads. Cater the sales experience to the individual needs and preferences of each potential owner, and follow through with the sales contract process to ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and efficiently. Maintain the customer relationship after the sale is complete to ensure continued satisfaction with MVCI and to develop future business opportunities (i.e., referrals, additional sales).
Job Specific Tasks
Building and Maintaining Customer Base
- Answer owner questions regarding use of MVCI properties and location amenities; make recommendations given the background information obtained on the owner through discovery.
- Follow up on referrals from owners.
- Fulfill requests from owners or prospects regarding pricing, property maps, property descriptions, room locations, and portfolio/network information.
- Contact owners to monitor satisfaction, make aware of upcoming promotions, and develop business opportunities (e.g., reloads, referrals).
- Develop and maintain records on customer contacts and use that information to support effective follow-up encounters.
- Monitor contract processing to minimize rescission decisions, provide comprehensive owner assurance and ensure timeliness of closings.
Giving Sales Presentations
- Establish trust during the warm up, discovery, and intent statement and build rapport with guest.
- Discover the needs of prospective owners through a series of questions/discussion and utilize the information to customize the sales presentation.
- Complete deals by signing of paperwork and notarizing contacts.
- Present to guests effectively utilizing the elements of the MVCI sales process.
- Explain the features and benefits of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations product.
- Practice and continue to develop and improve sales presentation.
- Close sales using approved process.
- Present financing options as an approach to ownership.
- Prepare for daily appointments (e.g., review tour sheet, owner history, presentation details, etc).
- Follow up face-to-face guest interaction with email, phone, or mail correspondence and facilitates use of Vacation Ownership Advisor.
- Answer customers' questions regarding construction work, financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Use, demonstrate, and/or coordinate virtual tour (eTour) software for guests.
Conducting and Managing Business Transactions
- Assure complete and accurate processing of documents pertaining to sales.
- Review details of contracts with prospective owners once they decide on purchase.
- Thoroughly review loan applications and financial documents with the customer and ensure completed properly.
- Work with Sales Management to minimize cancellations, provide comprehensive owner assurance and ensure timeliness of closings.
- Analyze problems and formulate plans to overcome challenges of getting work done quickly with a high degree of quality.
- Complete button-up sheet at end of each sale.
- Reach out to and influence Every Other Year (EOY) owners to upgrade and maximize all reload opportunities.
Providing Service to Others
- Respond to and monitor the resolution of customer and owner inquiries in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Leverage resources for providing service to guests and owners (e.g., Vacation Ownership Advisors) in an effective manner.
- Manage time effectively to punctually attend daily team meetings, training sessions, and guest/owner appointments.
- Demonstrate total understanding of the culture and processes of Marriott Vacation Club International.
- Improve sales presentation approach through self-critique, practice, and lessons from the feedback provided by others (e.g., Sales Manager Coaches, Guests, Owners).
- Participate in formal training sessions offered by management team.
- Attend daily huddles and regularly scheduled team/manager meetings.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of other Sales/Membership Executives as requested.
- Maintain an awareness of current events (e.g., news, sports, pop-culture) and information on MVCI locations to enable customer relationship building.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulation around all sales and/or marketing activity (i.e. Do Not Call Lists, State registrations, Exemptions, etc).
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in Japanese (basic proficiency in English also required)
- Incumbent is required to maintain an active and in-good standing professional Real Estate License where mandated by law
- One-year related experience
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Work at night (occasionally)
- Support oneself without a salary for a period up to 90 days
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled