Hilton Parking Valet - Part-Time in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Valet Parking Attendant with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible fortransporting guest vehicles in a prompt and courteous manner to and from the parking structure using safe driving practices. Uses portable handheld devices to scan barcode valet claim checks and is accountable for each vehicle retrieved and parked.
What will I be doing?
As a Valet Parking Attendant, you would be responsible for greeting guests and transporting vehicles in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operates vehicle using safe driving practices to ensure safe delivery of vehicle to and from the parking garage.
- Tickets vehicle and records all necessary information including but not limited to, guest name, vehicle information, amount of charge and length of stay on ticket. Follows established procedures for car control, including but not limited to maintaining neat, accurate logs of keys and completing required valet parking log sheets and reports. Retrieves information on guest vehicles and claim checks using Valet desk computer system as needed. Directs guest to utilize Pay on Foot stations for valet payment and validations if necessary.
- Greets and thanks guests in proper English, using a clear, pleasant voice. Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding directions to local attractions, car rentals, meeting rooms, etc., according to individual needs. Assists guests with taxi services, wheelchair requests, parking options, etc.
- Promptly answers Valet phone using positive and clear English communication. Verbally arranges and confirms parking valet requests from guests and makes appropriate arrangements for bell desk services. Responds accurately to general inquiries regarding hotel services and attractions.
- Assists Door Attendant in opening car doors and unloading/loading of luggage to ensure the smooth flow of traffic in the valet area, issuing claim checks and tagging bags as needed. Assists guests with check-in procedures.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior driver, hospitality, Bell person or Door person experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Valid Class III Driver's license and good Driver's Abstract required. Provide evidence of insurability. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing English sufficient to ascertain and document appropriate information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to maintain an alert and attentive demeanor.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from valet tickets.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to access and accurately input and organize information into an established record keeping system.
- Ability to retrieve information from a Valet computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to operate vehicles with automatic and standard transmissions.
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise transport luggage weighing a maximum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push packages, bags and luggage on a hand truck/cart or other wheeled assistance weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs and walking distances throughout the property.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Parking Valet - Part-Time
Requisition ID: HOT053BL