American Express Manager of Business Solutions – Dedicated to the Healthcare Vertical in Honolulu, Hawaii
Global Commercial Payments (GCP) provides a range of Commercial Payment Solutions and other expense management tools to help mid-size companies and large corporations around the world manage their business spending.
The Business Solutions organization is responsible for supporting Business Development and Account Development teams as subject matter experts on American Express Payment solutions and client business processes. The Business Solutions teams assess client business processes, technical needs, and analysis of spend patterns in order to win new, and expand existing relationships.
A Business Solutions Manager supports sales and account development efforts by analyzing customer needs, then designing solutions that consider existing systems and business processes while seeking to incorporate American Express payment options. Additionally, the Business Solutions Manager will assist with the RFP process, conduct needs assessments and supplier analysis and support client presentations.
Due to the special focus required for this individual, a background in the healthcare and education vertical as well as a strong knowledge of accounting, AP practices and Enterprise Resource Planning systems is a must. Additionally, strong consultation, business process, and problem solving skills are required. This dedicated Business Solutions Manager will analyze spend data, identify trends, and develop program roadmaps and growth strategies specific to this vertical. This individual will also create process maps of customer business financial processes and facilitate face to face meetings with contacts. This individual will also be responsible for developing and documenting the solution design for customer programs to facilitate implementation as well as support client development efforts.
More broadly, this individual will also leverage their experience and knowledge to identify opportunities to streamline integration for these vertical customers.
This individual will have a strong knowledge of American Express payment solutions, will act as a conduit to other teams to enable application of developing/next generation solutions to clients in the vertical space, and act as Voice of Customer to help identify and drive top vertical priorities.
The selected individual will be virtually based.
- Prior experience in the Healthcare & Education vertical space
- Direct experience and strong working knowledge of common ERP systems in the vertical (e.g. McKesson, Meditech, Workday, SciQuest/Jaggaer)
- Working knowledge of AP processes and practices
- Understanding of cloud-based business automation solutions
- Strong sales, consultation and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication relative to financial processes
- Proven consultative aptitude and ability to convert client business processes/requirements into innovative solutions
- Strong project management and process design experience a plus
- 25-50% of travel required for the position
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Manager of Business Solutions – Dedicated to the Healthcare Vertical
Requisition ID: 18004925