Hilton Human Resources Coordinator in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Coordinator with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for providing coordination and administrative support for a variety of activities and functions for the Hotel within the Human Resources department.
What will I be doing?
A Coordinator with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for providing coordination and administrative support for a variety of activities and functions for the Hotel within the Human Resources department. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Intake and respond to inquiries made by individuals calling or walking into the Human Resource office using a clear speaking voice to meet their needs. Assist incoming team members, managers or candidates and provide accurate information and answers questions, provides forms or directions.
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to, maintaining records/files, typing and entering information into various HR systems, filing, copying, preparing file folders, documents and reports, distributing memos and flyers.
- Perform new team member onboarding and other employment related tasks, including but not limited to, coordinating schedules with applicable departments, collecting required new hire documents, preparing folders, entering information into HR systems and maintaining records, tracking employment documents.
- Coordinate, administer and implement benefits programs including but not limited to, 401k, TDI, FMLA and other leaves. Assists with entering and tracking benefits related information and data into various HR systems. Assists with other Benefits Coordinator duties.
- Coordinate labor relations tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling and coordinating grievance meetings, preparing grievance and other files, collecting supporting evidence/documents for grievances, conducting research, composing letters, entering grievance, disciplinary and other information into various HR systems/spreadsheets, maintaining records. Respond to Unemployment Insurance inquiries. Assists with other Labor Coordinator duties.
- Assist in planning and execution of various HR programs and initiatives. Coordinate meetings, create materials and presentations, research key topics, and provide ongoing support and follow up on project timelines. Coordinate training initiatives in conjunction with departments, HRD and any trainers by coordinating sessions, conducting training, creating communications, and tracking participation and feedback. Assist with creating and posting information on bulletin boards and via other communication media. Assists with other Training/ER Coordinator duties.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent
A minimum of one year prior Administrative support services with customer service responsibilities. Previous Human Resources experience required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of audiences, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and good analytical skills.
- Abilty to type accurately.
- Abilty to exercise independent judgement and discretion while performing various responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize workload; managing various projects and demands on a concurrent basis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of effective reporting and tracking systems for project planning and execution.
- Good problem solving and research skills.
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Requisition ID: HOT0535V