Hawaii Pacific University Assistant Director of International Admissions in Honolulu, Hawaii
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Assistant Director of International Admission manages the international recruitment process, from inquiry to enrollment, for prospective students from assigned territory to achieve, or exceed, established recruitment goals. The Assistant Director also assists admissions in file review, maintaining international education agreements and agency management and relationships, and assists with orientation and training.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary
- Available to work on weekends, evenings and holidays as required
- Master's Degree
- International/Intercultural work experience in higher education
- Experience in recruitment, event planning, and Ellucian Banner
- Knowledge of CRM/Hobsons EMT, marketing, web and social media, and additional languages
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in higher education administration in the private sector
- Report to work obligations to support the department and may require work during HPU's winter break, if necessary.
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy.
- Able to work all shifts and extended hours.
- Successful candidate will be able to work in an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to meet aggressive international student enrollment goals.
- Must be able to stay current regarding trends in international higher education and involved with professional associations.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- One year past experience collaborating and working in a small team.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies, marketing and projects for international recruitment and admissions in assigned regions
- Extensive international travel to represent HPU and recruit prospective students at high schools, college fairs, recruitment agent offices, partner schools and government offices.\
- Evaluate and analyze markets, including doing research of educational system, funding opportunities, marketing/advertising channels, to determine target markets and effective recruitment strategies using statistical data and budgetary consideration to enroll students that support the university mission.
- Identify new opportunities to reach the target market of international freshman and transfer students.
- Actively Market HPU's educational products and services to students/parents, agents, colleges/universities and professional/educational organizations.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive action plan in assigned regions covering all levels (city, regional and national) according to recruitment strategy to achieve the enrollment goals of the University.
- Plan, cultivate and maintain contact and good working relationships with prospective students, parents, agents, and key staff at educational institutions and other relevant organizations, such as high schools, junior/community colleges, recruitment agencies, global organizations, and universities in the assigned region, with on-site visits, personal contacts, correspondence, social media, etc.
- Oversee full function of recruitment to admit process including: locate and interview prospective applicants, collect, review and analyze documentation to make admit decisions.
- In collaboration with others in Enrollment Management, develop and monitor content and messaging for the admissions social media campaign; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other interactive media.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with officers of Fulbright agencies, USCIS private and public foundations, governmental agencies, diplomatic and immigration officials, and other relevant organizations to achieve collaborative partnerships that result in meeting enrollment goals in assigned regions.
- Provide feedback, analysis and international expertise to management regarding challenges and opportunities for recruiting international students.
- Manage and coordinate internal/external communication and recruitment events such as receptions, presentations, webinars, webcasts, virtual fairs, chats, newsletters, and representation at on- and off-campus events.
- Evaluate results with focus on future planning, assessment, and budget.
- Admissions Process (25%)
- Determine eligibility for acceptance into the University based on information provided in each student's file.
- Assist with the completion, review and conversion of international student applications; review freshmen and transfer applications with foreign credentials in a timely fashion.
- Counsel prospective students and families about admissions, scholarships, academic programs and student life at the University.
- Supervise and manage the collection and processing of application files for assigned territory.
- Develop and implement timely and efficient written and electronic correspondence with applicant pool.
- Agency Management (20%)
- Manage the international recruitment agents.
- Process semester commission payments to agents.
- Manage agent contracts with the university.
- Main point of contact for all agent inquiries and current active agents.
- Orientation and Training (5%)
- Assist with the international student segment of "Immigration Check In, International New Student Orientation," orchestrated by International Student Services prior to the start of Fall and Spring and Summer semester.
- Assist with other student events as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned (10%)
- "Counselor of the Day" Participate in the rotation to assist with walk in visitors and phone calls from prospective students and families.
- Develop and recommend the formulation of departmental goals and objectives to ensure teamwork, productivity and professional growth and development in the department.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and updating assigned sections of the Admissions Office manual in keeping with the mission of the University.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
- Assists with seasonal peaks.
This description is not designed to list all activities, duties or responsibilities which may be required for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned at any time.
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, geneticinformation, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class covered by state and federal law. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
Job Title: Assistant Director of International Admissions
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 03/23/18 11:59 PM Hawaii Time
Job Type: Staff - Regular Full Time Exempt
Location: HPU Downtown Campus; Honolulu, Hawaii