Army Installation Management Command Food and Beverage Attendant in Fort Shafter, Hawaii
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Island of Oahu, HI. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) - Fill in the blank with Area of Consideration identified by management and included in the AOC Assessment.
Family and MWR is looking for professional, fun and enthusiastic people to join our team. We offer a network of services to help Soldiers, Families, Retirees and Civilians lead healthy and well balanced lives.
This position is located at the Hale Ikena Banquet and Conference Center, Fort Shafter, HI.
Although this position IS NOT entitled to 11.32% COLA (Island of OAHU), applicants selected will be entitled to Shift Differential Pay, Holiday Pay and Sunday Premium pay. Hours may include days, nights, weekends, holidays, special events and other assigned shifts.
Learn more about this agency
- Collects sales slips, total sales on cash register, accepts payment from patrons and makes change as necessary.
- Maintains related cash records.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Sets up food service counters and steam tables with hot and cold foods and beverages.
- Prepares coffee and hot water for tea, fills beverage dispensers with juices and soft drinks.
- Sets tables, seats guests, records guests' selections and turns in orders to the kitchen.
- Serves food and beverages. Presents bill and receives payment.
- Cleans tables and immediate area.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables for cooking and serving.
- Makes a variety of fruit and vegetable salads.
- Portions out food, cleans and prepares meats and seafood for cooking.
- Checks food during cooking to prevent overcooking.
- Prepares sandwiches and box lunches.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans.
- Empties trash and cleans and sanitizes containers. Unloads trucks and places contents in proper storage and use areas, brings supplies to work areas.
- Clean floors, walls and windows in kitchen, dining and storage areas.SUPERVISORY CONTROLS:
- Works is performed under general supervision and reviewed for compliance with instructions and standards of production and quality. Supervisor is available for advice and instruction on new or unusual procedures.
Performs a variety of tasks performing several steps or sequences of tasks that require attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures. In accordance with current menu, prepares and combines fruits and vegetables for salads. Makes simple sandwiches and performs other simple food preparation. Responsible for proper slicing of deli meats and cheeses and cutting of fruits and vegetables for garnish. In accordance with customer's orders, processes and organizes food, arranges garnishes, checks for appearance, quality and quantity and ensures proper presentation in accordance with set standards. Operates a cash register. Cleans kitchen utensils, pots, pans, storage containers, as well as sweeping and mopping the floor. Restocks storeroom, walk in refrigerator/freezer, front line refrigerators, freezers, coolers, and dry goods. Responsible for cleaning of dining area, to include but not limited to wiping tables, chairs, empting the trash, and vacuuming.
May operate a beverage cart on the golf course, working independently, to include loading and unloading the beverage cart in accordance with set standards.
Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Ability to follow oral instructions and do assigned repetitive tasks. Ability to perform tasks involving several procedures and to concentrate on work assignments despite interruptions and distractions. Must observe established safety procedures when using knives and other equipment in the performance of duties. A working knowledge of sanitation standards is required as well as knowledge of procedures to prevent contamination. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards and safe work procedures. Must have ability to read and understand written material. Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals, required in the handling of cash and determining the amount of portion required for a meal.
Incumbent is expected to complete assignments as scheduled. Judgment is required in maintaining standards of sanitation, safety, and service. Specific instructions are provided on new or unusual assignments. Work is periodically checked to verify progress and compliance with instructions and established practices. Responsible to identify and report obvious hazards, malfunctioning equipment, and any other situations that my impact work operations. Work is evaluated for accuracy, promptness, and good customer relations. To follow instructions provided by manager or by the duty supervisor on behalf of the manager.
Light to heavy physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves items weighing up to 40 pounds. Subject to continuous standing and walking and frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending. May be required to work on ladders and use powered cleaning equipment.
Work is usually performed indoors in areas that have adequate light and ventilation, however when on the beverage cart work is performed outside in the elements of weather. May be exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades, and hot working surfaces and extreme temperature changes when entering walk in refrigerators or freezing units. There is a danger of falling from a ladder, of slipping on a floor where food or beverages have been spilled.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
7401 Miscellaneous Food Preparation and Serving
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Conditions of Employment:
1. 1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf) 2. If selected, a pre-employment physical and TB test must be completed with a final determination of "Fit for Duty".
Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English and possess basic math skills.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click hereto view form or copy this URL into your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf)
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- PCS Orders
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 A.M. EST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488134400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/05/2018 to 04/05/2018
Salary: $12.91 to $15.02 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 3
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent