Army Installation Management Command Custodial Worker NA-02 in Fort Shafter, Hawaii
Family and MWR is looking for professional, fun and enthusiastic people to be a part of our team! Join us at our upcoming Hiring Fair, see below for specifics.
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2018 Time: 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Location: Leilehua Golf Course Building 6505, Leilehua Road, Wahiawa, HI 96786
Open to the public. No military association required.
To be considered for an interview, please bring/have the following: . Resume (multiple copies) . 2-4 Professional References with Contact Information . DD214 (For Veterans) . Spouse Orders (For Military Spouses) . Marriage Certificate . SF50 or DA3434 (For Current Employees/Former Employees) . Valid Photo ID . Social Security Card
Additional requirements for Child & Youth vacancies: . High School Diploma . College Transcripts
Note: Applicants who participate in the Hiring Fair will receive priority consideration. All job offers are tentative pending clearance of background checks or consideration of preference eligible candidates. Selected applicants who receive tentative job offer must be able to visit the NAF HR Office on April 17 or 18, 2018 to complete additional paperwork.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Island of Oahu. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is at the Fort Shafter Bowling Center on Fort Shafter, HI.
This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. Must be willing to serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
For a full listing of duties for this position, please click on the link below. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hm3OKVJmZlIuYkqZR
The initial cut off date for this announcement is set for 16-April-18.
Learn more about this agency
- Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and other areas.
- Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc.
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes toilet facilities.
- Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
- #### Job family (Series)
3566 Custodial Working
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position.
- Prior work experience that provided the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, your supporting documentation must be received at the time of application.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3433, DA 3433, PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2:00pm Hawaii Standard Time on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496705500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/12/2018 to 04/19/2018
Salary: $11.92 to $13.89 per hour This position is not entitled to 10.99% COLA (Island of Oahu), subject to change without notice.
Pay scale & grade: NA 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent